Reservation deadline for traveling with pets
48 hours prior to flight departure
If pets are brought to the airport without a reservation or confirmation, you will not be able to bring them on board or transport them as checked baggage
Eligible Pets for Transport
Type of Eligible Pets for Transport
Number of Eligible Pets for Transport
BKK: Each adult passenger may bring 1 pet into the cabin and 1pet as checked baggage
ICN:Each adult passenger may bring 1 pet into the cabin
*snub-nosed dog is not allowed on board or as checked baggage*
Children are not allowed to travel with pets in the cabin.
1. Plan to travel
- Please confirm your pet travel via the Service Center as it may be restricted depending on the country, region and aircraft type.
- Traveling with pets is not accepted without prior confirmation.
- Each adult passenger may be accompanied by 1 animal on-board and 1 as checked pets. (BKK ONLY)
- When carrying pets on board, the seat will be assigned to a designated seat for pets.
Check the regulations of the destination
- Bring necessary documents of the destination country such as rabies vaccination certificates, quarantine certificates, etc.
Country-specific Pet Regulations
Regulations of major countries
Below are regulations from countries with stricter regulations. The regulations are subject to change in accordance with the policies of the respective countries. Please contact the authority of the respective countries for detailed information.
For pets from rabies-free countries or under 90 days old regardless of region, a microchip must be implanted, a quarantine certificate issued by a government is required and the microchip identification number must be marked on the certificate.
Pets from non-rabies-free countries and dogs and cats 90 days or older must observe the conditions above, and the quarantine certificate must clearly indicate that a “rabies-neutralizing antibody” test has been administered by an internationally recognized testing body within 24 months of intended accompanied travel, and that the result of the test was 0.5 IU/ml or higher.
. All the required export, import and/or transit health certificates, licenses or permits, ets. Are accompanying the shipment
. Advance arrangements (reservation) with the airline are made
. The consignee have been advised of the flight details in order to arrange immediate collection on the arrival
. The animal shipments are properly Classified, described, packed, marked and labeled
. Animal containers conform to the IATA Live Animals regulation latest edition
. Suitable bedding and food (If required) that does not contravene any regulations is provided
.Feeding and watering instruments including the date and time that food and water was last given to the animal are affixed to the container and a copy attached to the AWB
. The IATA shippers certification for the live animal have been properly completed in duplicate
. The animal is not tranquiller without veterinary approval and supervision, in case tranquilizer is given, the drug name dosage and time of administration must be specified in the document attached to AWB and copy affixed to the container
. A 24-hour phone number that air carrier can obtain instructions from the shipper or his agent in the event of emergency is written on the air waybill
. No animals are to be tendered for transportation having birth in the last 48 hours before the start of the journey
. Pregnant animal must to be tendered for transportation without official veterinary certificate certifying that the animal are fit to travel and that there is no risk of birth occurring during entire the journey.
- Apply for the export permit Sor Por. 5 or Sor Por. 6 depending on the types of the exported wild animals) and the Export Permit for Animals or Carcass (Letter Ror. 9) and a Health Certificate, whose requirements depend on the destination country (the exporter should consult with veterinary officials so that they could assist with examining the pets as required by the destination country)
- Contact airlines to reserve air freight
- Register at any Customs offices throughout the country to use the e-Customs system. At the Free Zone, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, the registration can be done at General Administrative Sub-division, 2nd Floor, BC-1 Building on 0-2134-1232.
- Submit export declaration data through one of the four available channels:
- The exporters submit export declaration data by themselves
- Authorise a Customs Broker to submit the export declaration data
- Use a service counter located at Building “BC-2 & P2” and Building “AO 1-4”
- Use the service of submitting export declaration data provided by Customs officials at Customs Service Sub-Division 1, Customs Service Division 2, 1st Floor of Building “CE.” In this case, the exporters must provide data to be completed on the declaration form and National Identification Card or Passport, and make payment of Customs fee.
- The exporters or their agents go through Customs formalities by presenting to Customs officers Cargo Permit, Letter Ror. 9 (and/or CITES permits depending on the types of wild animals) and Health Certificate. Then, the Customs officers examine the documents and take the following steps:
- For Green Line: Sign and stamp in the Cargo Permit
- For Red Line: (the Customs officer randomly assigned by the computer system) conduct physical inspection of the shipment, and sign as well as stamp in the Cargo Permit
- The Customs officer will then return the Cargo Permit to the exports/agent so that they could take their pet weigh at the warehouse and pick them up.
For the list of rabies-free countries and other information, please visit the Animal and Plant Quarantine Agency website.
Relative of KOREA Pets QURANTINE
Relative of CAMBODIA Pets QURANTINE
Relative of Thailand Pets QURANTINE
PETS PERMITTED ON BOARD
- Pets Permitted on Board
Dogs, cats, and at least 8 weeks old
(At least 16 weeks old for checked baggage)
Pets Transportation Restrictions
Restricted Dog Breeds –The following fighting breeds of dogs or mixed breeds of such will not be Accepted for carriage:
- Pit Bull Terrier (including: American Pit Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, - American Staffordshire Terrier)
- American Bully
- Fila Brasileiro
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentino
- Mastiffs (Neapolitan Mastiff, Tibetan Mastiff, Bull Mastiff, Cane Corso, Dogue de Bordeaux)
The following brachycephalic, snub-nosed or mixed breeds of snub-nosed dogs and cats will only be accepted for carriage when total journey time does not exceed 5 hours (total flying and ground time at intermediate point) and the temperature on any portion of their journey will not exceed 21°C (70°F):
- Boston Terrier
- Brussels Griffin
- Bull Terrier
- Chinese Pug
- Dutch Pug
- English Bulldogs
- English Toy Spaniel
- French Bulldogs
- Japanese Chin
- Japanese Pug
- Lhasa Apso
- Shih Tzu
- British Shorthair
- Scottish Fold
- Short-nosed dogs and cats are by nature less able to adapt to temperatures higher than 21℃ (70℉), and is predisposed to obstructed airways, which may be fatal. Short-nosed dogs and cats traveling as checked baggage must satisfy the following conditions:
- Transportation time (total travel time, including time on the ground during transfers) may not exceed 5 hours.
- Stations enrooted within total transportation time under 5 hours that comply with standard transportation temperature restrictions are facilities that may handle the transportation of short-nosed dogs and cats as checked baggage. Other facilities may not handle the transportation of such pets as checked baggage.
1.Plan to travel with pets
STANDARTD FOR PETS WEIGHT
Can be carried on board
Total weight of pet + carrier is 7kg include cage
Permitted to travel as checked pets
Total weight of pet + carrier is 45kg or less
*Transport may be restricted for exceeding 32kg in some countries
SKY ANGKOR AIRLINES PETS Service Center:
CAMBODIA: +855 23 234 567
BANGKOK: +855 23 217 130
KOREA: +82 02 2088 5232d
2. Cage Conditions
- Must be equipped with a lock and the floor must be sealed.
- Must have sufficient space for the pet to comfortably stand or move around.
- For birds, the cage must be covered with a sheet so that the birds are not exposed during the flight.
- The cage must be made of strong material such as metal, wood, or plastic.
- If brought inside the cabin, the cage may be made of fabric or leather, but it must be able to maintain its shape by the frame. 2 pets cannot be inside 1 cage.
For more details about appropriate cages, please click the link below
STANDARTD FOR TRANSPORT WEIGHT
Carrier’s each linear less than : Height 21cm/8in Width 40cm/15in, Length 50cm/19in
(Maximum height of soft type carrier : 21cm/8in or less)
*The carriers for carry-on must fit to store under the seat.
For Checked Baggage
The total sum of the carrier's length, width ,and height should be less than length 155cm/61in, width 42cm/16in and the maximum height is 15cm/6 or 110cm/43in, 42cm/16, 50cm/19in
3. Pets Travel Charges
* Additional charges apply for pet travel regardless of baggage
PETS TRANSPORTATION FEE
32kg or less
32kg over ~ 45kg
Allowed number of Pets
Adult passenger Maximum can bring 2 pet
(In-flight 1 / Checked 1)
Southeast Asia/Southwest Asia
Adult passenger Maximum can bring 2 pet
(In-flight 1 / Checked 1)
- Be sure to give your pet food and water no more than two hours before departure; include absorbent bedding inside the carrier.
- Ensure your name and telephone number written in English and attached to the carrier.
- It is strictly prohibited to take out your pet from the carrier. Please note that placing the carrier on a seat or on your lap is also prohibited.
- If you transport animals for commercial purposes such as sale, adoption, participation in an event, breeding, and research, entry of the animals may be denied depending on the regulations of the country of arrival. In this case, you will be responsible for all expenses related to the transportation of the animals.
Arrive at airport and check in
- Make sure to arrive at the airport at least three hours before flight departure for the pet -check-in process.
- Additional charges apply for pet travel regardless of baggage.
- Measure the weight of your pet, check whether it is possible to bring it into the room, and pay the transportation fee.
- Pets are not included in the free baggage allowance, and you will have to pay a separate fee regardless of consignment or carry-on.