Arrival & Departure Guide
Before you Fly
- A passport that is valid for at least another three to 6(six) months and has at least one blank page
2) Visa for Cambodia
- Visa required to enter Cambodia
2-1) Applying for a Cambodia visa
What you need to apply for a visa to Cambodia:
- A passport that is valid for at least another three to 6(six) months (reports vary, but they aren’t usually very concerned about this) and has at least one blank page
- A passport-size photo
- Visa Fee : Tourist visa $30.00 or Ordinary Visa $35.00
Where to apply for a Cambodian visa:
At the airport - If you’re from most countries, you can get a visa on arrival at both of the Cambodian international airports, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville. You’ll be given the paperwork on the plane and you just need to get in line on arrival with your passport photos, cash (in US dollars), and passport.
At a Cambodian embassy - If you prefer to get your visa in advance–or if you are from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, or Sudan–you’ll need to visit the closest Cambodian embassy in your home country.
Online the E-visa - One other option is the Cambodian E-visa, which can be obtained online. It is only available to citizens of the same countries for which visas on arrival are available (that is, everyone except citizens of Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, and Sudan). It is only offered for the tourist (T class) visa and costs an extra $7 on top of the regular visa fees, and it is only available to those entering Cambodia at the Siem Reap and Phnom Penh airports and the Bavet, Poipet, and Cham Yeam land border crossings. You can get your Cambodian E-visa online (https://www.evisa.gov.kh/).
2-2) Types of Cambodia visas
Cambodian Tourist Visa. The tourist visa (T class) is the best for those who know they will be staying 30 days or less.
The 30-day tourist visa is available to travelers in advance or on arrival (for most nationalities) for a cost of $30. The tourist visa can be renewed once for an additional 30 days for a fee of $45. After that, tourist visa holders must leave Cambodia and come back and obtain a new visa.
Cambodian Ordinary Visa. (=business visa)
- For anyone who is considering staying in Cambodia for an extended period of time.
- It does not confer the right to work in Cambodia. In order to be legally employed, you will need a Cambodia work permit.
-Validation: 30 days
- Cost: $35.
- can be extended indefinitely.
- extend it for 6 or 12 months: visa types are multiple-entry.
- The 1 and 3 month ordinary visas: single-entry only. If you leave for a weekend trip to Vietnam, you’ll need to get a new Cambodian visa when you return.
It’s important to note that if you are planning on getting a visa on arrival, some airlines will not allow you to enter the country on a one-way ticket.
3) E-Ticket or E-Ticket Certificate
4) Special passenger (pregnant passenger)
- More than 24 weeks ~ less than 34 weeks pregnant: passenger should submit medical certificate and pledge after receiving treatment from gynecologist within 7days of boarding.
- More than 34 weeks pregnant: Air travel by pregnant women during this period of pregnancy is prohibited due to safety concerns.
1) Arrival in Cambodia
- Follow airport staff(guide), go to Arrival Lounge to get VISA
*note – PAX should prepare APPLICATION FORM VISA ON ARRIVAL , ARRIVAL & DEPARTRE CARD, GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF CUSTOMS AND EXCISE, HEALTH DECLARATION OF TRAVELERS.
2) Immigration Check
- After get VISA, Go to Immigration desk (* need Arrival & Departure card)
3) Baggage Claim
- Please make sure to claim your baggage
- PAX need to fill out GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF CUSTOMS AND EXCISE. If you have anything to declare at customs, check in customs office.
- Goods to Declare cover (1)dutiable goods e.g. electronic goods, computers, commercial goods..etc., (2)prohibited/restricted goods e.g., firearms, ammunition, explosives, wireless transmitters and receivers, drugs, narcotics, chemical substances…etc. (2) In the case of goods, it is not allowed.
- You carrying foreign currency or monetary instruments over $10,000.00 or its equivalent.
5) Entry to Cambodia
1) Check -In
- Get a seat assignment and boarding pass
- The Recommended time to arrival in airport 2 hours before departure
- The Check-in Counter closing time is 40 minutes before departure
- Free checked baggage allowance 15kg (Carry on baggage is 7kg)
- Extra charge : Baggage which exceeds this weight will be paid for $10.00 / 1kg
- Please attach a tag that having your information to your baggage
3) Security check
- Check PAX belongings and PAX carry on baggage
- Passengers may begin immigration clearance check at the immigration counter.(PAX need PASSPORT, DEPARTURE CARD, BOADING PASS)
- Start Boarding time is 40min before departure. (Please prepare PASSPORT and BOARDING PASS before start boarding)